Google Universe

z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
09/28/2006 8:25 am
i just got a cd-rom program for my astronomy class........holy **** are we small :eek: i can zoom in on any galaxy......i if i click on a galaxy it tells me the name --type --position and if i click and drag to another object it will draw a line and give me the distance in light years between the two!! it can look like just a bunch stars when zoomed out, then i can zoom into any object/galaxy and it takes up the whole screen and more!!!! it is called "starry night pro"....it has a ton of other tweeky things as well.....i can see what is outside my window in real time as well.
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 1
acapella
acapella
09/28/2006 4:05 pm
Originally Posted by: z0s0_jpi can see what is outside my window in real time as well.

That would freak me right out.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 2
earthman buck
earthman buck
09/28/2006 4:09 pm
Originally Posted by: z0s0_jpi just got a cd-rom program for my astronomy class........holy **** are we small :eek: i can zoom in on any galaxy......i if i click on a galaxy it tells me the name --type --position and if i click and drag to another object it will draw a line and give me the distance in light years between the two!! it can look like just a bunch stars when zoomed out, then i can zoom into any object/galaxy and it takes up the whole screen and more!!!! it is called "starry night pro"....it has a ton of other tweeky things as well.....i can see what is outside my window in real time as well.

That sounds awesome. How much did that program cost, and what kind of system requirements are needed?
# 3
acapella
acapella
09/28/2006 4:15 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckThat sounds awesome. How much did that program cost, and what kind of system requirements are needed?

That's funny, you say that as if there's some hope that your computer will be able to run it.

Note: This is funny because his computer sucks. :)
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 4
earthman buck
earthman buck
09/28/2006 4:18 pm
Originally Posted by: acapellaThat's funny, you say that as if there's some hope that your computer will be able to run it.

Note: This is funny because his computer sucks. :)

I say it because if I ever decide to buy a new computer, I wanna get something that can run something cool like that.
# 5
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
09/29/2006 12:32 am
Originally Posted by: earthman buckThat sounds awesome. How much did that program cost, and what kind of system requirements are needed?

i am not sure about price of the cd rom....it came with my THICK astronomy book and it was $110 clams(i am sure the book was most of the cost).......as far as 'puter needs ...don't worry....it does not have fast graphics or anything.pentium II 500mhz processor-- you need 64 mb of ram...you need quicktime and adobe 7and 400 mb of memory..that's about it.... ;)
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.