Another useless thread

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/28/2006 3:41 am
Anybody else have this happen to them?

You're sitting down at the computer keyboard for a few hours, typing your thoughts out.
Then you get up and try to talk to somebody in real life and you can't get the words out.
It's like your brain is stuck in typewriter mode and you can't find the proper words to express yourself so you just stand there with a blank look on your face.

You suddenly realize 'holy crap... I haven't talked to anybody in real life all day' and my brain isn't attached to my mouth anymore. :confused:
# 1
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
09/28/2006 4:28 am
Truthfully no...that hasn't happened to me. I usually can't stay on the computer for more than an hour at a time, if even that long. But I'm still not a skilled orator by any means. We all have our moments. I guess you could get one of those Stephen Hawking talkboxes or something.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 2
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/28/2006 4:33 am
Well here on the PC I can easily edit my sentences how I want them. When in real life It's not quite that easy. I guess I can say I'm more well spoken on the computer.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/28/2006 3:38 pm
It was just majorly weird last night talking to Jon on the phone.
I'd spent all day on the typewriter and my brain kept freezing up cause I was expecting my delete key to go back and fix the last sentence.
It's kinda like freeze ray time... you're half way through a sentence and suddently realize there's a better way you could structure your sentence, so you stop.... then you realize you're actually talking in real life.
Then you can't remember what you were talking about....

It happens at the bank too. You walk up to the teller and expect the teller to instantly know what you want without saying anything cause you're used to the computer figuring it out for you.

Or you find yourself stumbling over words because you can't get your mouth to form the words fast enough about what you're trying to say.

blah... maybe it's just me.
# 4
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/28/2006 5:57 pm
That happens to me all the time... more like every single day. Usually, either my mouth or my mind is going faster than the other, and tend to confuse myself. Heaven help whoever I'm talking to. Actually, I just can't speak very well period. :o
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 5
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
09/30/2006 2:54 am
I was just thinking today of a similar condition I'm familiar with. I would get done playing Mario Kart after an hour or so, get in my truck, and want to hop and powerslide around corners, and feel like I'm not going fast enough, and need some nitrous boost. Grand Theft Auto would kinda do the same.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 6
Fenderalltheway
Fenderalltheway
09/30/2006 3:11 am
I know just what you mean:)
"When you want to rock hard children, lean of F#."
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.