Moonlight Sonata-In progress

R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
09/27/2006 5:28 am
So yeah, this is what I've got so far this week. Obviously it's not finished, and there's still a few more passages to do. Still, I'm not going to play/record the whole composition, as it's quite epic...just a general theme. I can't decide if I like it's progress or not. There's a little fret buzz and I dunno...guess that's why I'm posting the unfinished work so far, to get a few critiques and what not. And I know, this song is not truly done justice on the guitar, but I don't play piano. I was also thinking of adding a second track with just a high octave single string accentuation for the "dunn, dun, dun" parts especially.

Just click tunes below in my Sig. for soundclick page.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/28/2006 4:28 am
I think it sounds really good. The dunn, dun, dun parts as you put it didn't sound quite right to me. It sounds like when you come into it that the rythm is slightly off. It might be the pause that's throwing me off. For this piece I like a little crescendo from the begininning into the first few bars of the dunn dun dun part. Other than those small things I think it sounds great.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
09/29/2006 1:19 am
Thx ya'll, but listening to it again today, I'm scrapping it and starting over. Just tonight I've already almost gotten as far as I was. I've speeded up the tempo a bit, gave it a lil more attack, and definitely trying to play it cleaner.

As far as missing parts, I'm going off a generalized theme version from a book I bought that was arranged for one guitar. Any higher octave melody stringwork would be my own addtion, which I agree it prolly needs. The only classical guitar version I've heard that was truly complete was done by a guitar quartet, one of which sounded like a bass. So yeah, I don't wanna go that in depth at the moment. I realise going this way there will always be a lil missing, but oh well. And I've looked up the version(s) on classtab, but they transposed it in Am versus my Dm, nor do I have the discipline or even ability to learn and play every passage.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.