View post (Marshall Footswitch)

View thread

Superhuman
Superhuman
09/29/2006 9:25 am
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyI've had a marshall mg50dfx for a month and hate it more everyday. It sounded good in the store but I am really regretting getting it instead of the valveking.

My question is, can i use the 2 button marshall footswitch for the peavey? Just need to know so i can know how to lit the marshall in the classifieds.

Thankyou.

Hey man,
Is that the MG head you got or the amp? I have a 100DFX (amp) and I think it's great (not the 'best' amp in the world), excellent for playing lead but not that incredible for rhythm. Being solid state you don't get that burning overdrive feel to lead but if you're into sweep picking or high speed runs the clarity on the Marshall is particularly good (the same runs get a bit muddy through tube amps because of the sag effect). Just wondering what it is about the amp you don't like? It has a very distinct Marshall tone and for the money I thought mine was a great buy. What guitar and pickups are you using and what general kind of settings? If it's the head you bought then the tone will be greatly affected by the speaker in the cab... my dfx uses an Eminence speaker but the best Marshall tone is usually got from Celestian...