Epiphone Ripper

tehplatypus
tehplatypus
09/24/2006 1:37 am

Item: Epiphone Limited Edition Ripper
Price: $499

Review: So I said I'd review this when I got it and here I am. The bass just came in today and i've been playing it since it came in and it's been great so far. The p and jazz pickups are surprisingly decent for stock pickups. They will probably eventually be changed out but it's not a necessity and they perform well and provide a nice balance between the fat of the p-bass pickup and the trebly funky sound of the jazz pickup by the bridge. The neck feels nice though it's rough up towards the neck joint...feels like it wasn't sanded down well or not polished...but that's not a big worry for me because I will eventually play it down to a nice natural "it's been played in so it's very smooth" level soon enough. The frets are well dressed and no rough edges found yet. The nut is brass and provides a nice extra boost of resonance through the instrument. This bass was designed to kick serious ass and does so while providing something other than a fender or peavey for bassists to purchase. Recommended for rock, reggae, ska, funk, blues, and jazz.

Apologies if I missed any details anyone would be interested in...this is my first review.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 1
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
09/24/2006 8:12 pm
more notes: sounds great slapping and i missed pointing out that the fingerboard is actually finished so it's smooth like glass.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.