Chili Peppahz

earthman buck
earthman buck
09/20/2006 7:48 pm
In just 4 hours and 45 minutes, I will be watching the Red Hot Chili Peppers at their first ever Winnipeg concert.

Have a lovely evening.
# 1
earthman buck
earthman buck
09/21/2006 9:23 pm
Fine, don't comment on my thread. :)

Anyhow, greatest concert EVER. In the history of time. And they didn't even play "Under the Bridge," "Breaking the Girl," "Otherside," "Soul to Squeeze," or "Aeroplane." The light show was insane, and not a single person was sitting down the whole duration of the concert.

And the Mars Volta kind of sucked. It sounded like they needed an equalizer or something. It was basically just a sound collage of awful noises with the occasional saxophone blast. They sounded like the kind of band that would have good albums, but I didn't much care for their live performance at all. Plus, they played for a full hour when everyone wanted the Chilis to come on, so that kind of pissed me off.
# 2
Kathmandu
Kathmandu
09/22/2006 12:46 am
Ya, I saw them to like, a month ago and they were amazing. One of the best shows I'd ever been to. They did this is the place and it was just awsome, and the same thing, no one sat down.
War?
# 3
rockonn91
rockonn91
09/22/2006 1:21 am
lucky jerk. :p
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 4
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
09/22/2006 7:02 am
You lucky so-and-so... I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much as you, though, as they didn't play either of my two favourite Chilli Peppers songs :(.

But I still would have killed you to get your tickets. :D
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 5
earthman buck
earthman buck
09/22/2006 7:26 pm
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusYou lucky so-and-so... I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much as you, though, as they didn't play either of my two favourite Chilli Peppers songs :(.

But I still would have killed you to get your tickets. :D

Which two are your favourites? At first I was just disappointed they didn't play "Under the Bridge," but now I'm more upset about "Soul to Squeeze." I love that song.

Oh, and they didn't play "Suck My Kiss" either.
# 6
Fenderalltheway
Fenderalltheway
09/23/2006 12:33 am
*Grumbles angrily in corner...* Lucky Ba-, well lets not go there. And they didn't play Under the Bridge? Man...
"When you want to rock hard children, lean of F#."
# 7
earthman buck
earthman buck
09/23/2006 3:11 am
Yeah, it was weird. You could tell everyone was expecting it. They finished up the show, but everyone kept clapping and clapping. You just knew they'd do an encore. Sure enough, they came back out and played a couple other songs and a 15 minute version of "Give it Away" (which was one of the highlights of the show). Then Anthony walked off and left John, Flea, and Chad jamming on some funk riff. After about 10 minutes, Chad waved to the crowd and walked off. John and Flea kept jamming on the same riff for another 15 minutes, then John walked off as Flea said a few kind words about Winnipeg and left. We all applauded and applauded as he walked off, because we were expecting another encore, this one with "Under the Bridge." Then all of a sudden, the lights came on, and everyone was looking around with these puzzled expressions on their faces.

I thought it was some sort of joke, I couldn't imagine them not playing their biggest hit to a city they'd never been to before. But that's life. It was still an excellent show.
# 8
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
09/23/2006 5:50 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckWhich two are your favourites? At first I was just disappointed they didn't play "Under the Bridge," but now I'm more upset about "Soul to Squeeze." I love that song.

Oh, and they didn't play "Suck My Kiss" either.

My two favourites are "Under the Bridge" (naturally) and "Breaking the Girl". Great songs. Not so disappointed about "Suck My Kiss" - silly song, IMO :p. But I would've loved to see that jam at the end.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 9
earthman buck
earthman buck
09/23/2006 11:07 pm
I've been searching the internet ever since the day after the concert for bootleg DVDs....someone had to be recording the show....

I even checked the official Chili Peppers site to see if they were selling DVDs or CDs or anything from the show, but no such luck.

It's too bad. I think all bands should record every show they play, just for posterity. Pearl Jam does that, I think. I have a double-CD thing of the show they played in Winnipeg last year that I went to.

And they did multiple encores. :)
# 10
alucard0941
alucard0941
09/23/2006 11:31 pm
The the play OtherSide?

Thats one of the best songs ever written in history :D
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 11
earthman buck
earthman buck
09/24/2006 2:27 am
Originally Posted by: alucard0941The the play OtherSide?

Thats one of the best songs ever written in history :D

Really? I wasn't too broken up they didn't play it. It kinda grates on me a little bit.

I've had Readymade stuck in my head since the concert. I think it's my favourite Chilis song ever. I've even learned to play it, and it takes a severely catchy song to move me to actually play guitar.
# 12
aschleman
aschleman
09/25/2006 7:20 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckThen all of a sudden, the lights came on, and everyone was looking around with these puzzled expressions on their faces.

I thought it was some sort of joke

Metallica did the same thing when they played here in Indianapolis in 2003 (can't believe it's already been 3 years since I saw them)... it was the first time they'd played here since 1996... they went under the stage and the lights came on and Highway to Hell faintly came on the PA... this was after an encore already... they played Jump in the Fire, and Battery for the encore.... So naturally people began to file out of the stadium... until about a quarter of the people were gone and all the lights went back out... Me and my buddy didn't leave becasue we had 10th row seats... we were going to be the last ones out no matter what just so we could relish it... but yeah, the lights went back off and faintly you could hear a symphony song building on the PA until it slowly climaxed and went off... all the while the place is completely dark... then all the sudden a big pyrotecnic blast singed me and my friends eyebrows and Kirk Hammered the riff to Harvester of Sorrow... It was one of the cooler encores I've seen. they played that and ended with Seek and Destroy... and said a bunch of cuss words and said they loved Indy and they would be back soon... blah blah... so yeah. It was a sweet encore...

And about the recordings for each show. Metallica records all their shows and you can download them off their website in mp3 form or super hi def flac form for like 10 bucks... More bands need to do that.... It's nice to be able to have that keepsake to remember the concert.
# 13
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
09/27/2006 12:15 am
Belated congrats on the show bucky.

My bass player and his bud caught them last night in Toronto. Did they play desecration smile? That song is very pleasurable.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 14
earthman buck
earthman buck
09/28/2006 4:22 pm
Nah, they didn't play that one either.
# 15
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
09/29/2006 12:30 am
My bass player and drummer went to a chad smith clinic the other day. My drummer won a personal chad smith snare. He used it at practice today...Apparantly the guy is like 7 feet tall.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow

METOOB
# 16
earthman buck
earthman buck
09/29/2006 6:18 pm
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyMy bass player and drummer went to a chad smith clinic the other day. My drummer won a personal chad smith snare. He used it at practice today...Apparantly the guy is like 7 feet tall.

Apparently he's Will Ferrell, too. Seriously. The guy's a dead ringer.
# 17
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
09/29/2006 8:13 pm
Naw...he doesn't use enogh cowbell! :D

METOOB
# 18

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.