View post (touchy topic....just wondering)

View thread

Krunek
Krunek
09/27/2006 6:40 am
Originally Posted by: earthman buckWhat kind of killing? Because there's a lot of Old Testament stuff in which God specifically commands Israelites to kill certain people under certain circumstances.

I.E., if you have a rebellious son, stone him to death. If that doesn't seem like overreacting to you, then I don't know what does.

Oh, and about those Bible passages I listed, I know they're outdated, and that's exactly my point. I can understand a lot of the Bible laws from the Old Testament, like the ones about what you can and can't eat, and how to deal with handling dead things and whatnot. I see it purely as a matter of health. This was a very disease-ridden time. I also think that's how the "don't sleep with people you're not married to" stuff came about. It was just a matter of keeping disease fairly neutralized. Nowadays, medicine is advanced, so it's not as big of a deal as it was then. In my opinion, anyway. I'm sure someone will disagree with me.

Well, try sleeping with someone else"s wife in Saudi Arabia or somewhere there... They still stone people there. And cut hands... And other organs...
Huh, it gives me the shiwers. Uh, bad. As for bible... hm, as far as I have undestood it, it doesn"t say don"t sleep with someone you are not married to.
It says; don"t sleep with someone who is married to someone else. Or am I wrong? Think not. I think it says that. Correct me if I am wrong here. :)