View post (touchy topic....just wondering)

View thread

Superhuman
Superhuman
09/23/2006 6:59 pm
Excuse the slight tangent but this is one of the few topics that drives me crazy. Don't have time to type at the mo but Creation Scinece etc, is NOT science it is unfounded voodoo. Seemingly intelligent people who refuse to listen to reason or accept the facts over what was written in a book some odd thousand years ago... a book which we all know as fact was rewritten and changed many times during the dark ages to satisfy the powers of the vatican and religious states as a means of controlling the masses.

If you look at most religions you will see that have evolved into vehicles of control over the genral masses - seriously just look at how Bush got himself elected (awaiting red hot flames!). In the absence of education and or knowledge it is and has always been in mans nature to turn toward the most unlikely explaination eg an all powerful spirit that actually cares whether you work on Sunday or an all powerful spirit that created everyone so that the ones who believe in him can kill those who do not as they spread the faith 'by the sword'...

Science fact vs science fiction is the way I look at. Hope I didnt offend anyone but thats been on my mind for a long time !