View post (touchy topic....just wondering)

View thread

ren
ren
09/22/2006 8:40 am
The bits on satanism posted above hold some truth for me. The retaliation thing is something that I have in my life. Like most others I've been brought up with the whole 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you....' thing, but eventually got sick of the fact that although I can treat everyone else appropriately, not everyone else treats me properly.

In this instance, I fall back to the logical 'do unto others as they have done unto you' thinking as above. It doesn't always work, but my personal 'religion' is based on fairness - it's just that fairness is subjective.

I don't believe in a God. I think religion is a crutch for those who follow it, and I think faith is a way to mask the fact that none of it stands up to the usual level of human scrutiny. I think the modern term for most of my 'beliefs' is humanism, although to be honest I get lost in it all. I know I'm agnostic as opposed to an actual atheist - In my opinion it's as redundant to deny the existence entirely of something we have not proven either way as it is to believe. When God turns up at my house and asks for a beer, he's more than welcome..... Until then I'll take his existence with a pinch of salt.

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com