View post (touchy topic....just wondering)

View thread

jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
09/21/2006 6:09 am
Originally Posted by: KrunekOk, since we are debating here... Again, no offense to anyone. I respect everyone"s opinion and a point of view. It is a free world. Or most of it is, at least. :( Anyhow, just a question here. I, as you have probably seen so far, believe in God an am religious. A catholic, I am. So, believing in God, I also believe in devil. And, by bible, Lucifer is but a little weaker than God. So, in a way, he is also well, not omnipotent, but close. Well, the question is: If a Lucifer is also omnipotent being, is sotonism, as such a religion??
I mean, to me it is wrong, but then, thy shall not judge. Everyone has a right to his/hers opinion... So, what do you guys/girls think?

Interesting point... personally, I always thought (but am probably dead wrong) that Satan was more a symbol of the absence of God, rather than another omnipotent being; so the worship of the absence of God doesn't make much sense to me. But hey, if you get spiritual fulfillment out of Satanism, who am I to judge it? If it does that for people, it's valid as a religion. Judge not, indeed.

And hunter - great post. Rep is forthcoming.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>