View post (touchy topic....just wondering)

View thread

R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
09/21/2006 2:00 am
Looking at it from the perspective of "if there's no God, then there's no reason for life...so there has to be a God" is awfully egotistical to me, imho. Why does there necessarily have to be a reason for life? For instance, how much of the rest of the universe is "dead"? So what's the point of that? And one day our own star will die and Earth will be consumed. So even though we might've had a good run, still, what's the point then?

Now, all that being said, I do however lean towards that there does seem to be some underlying force that makes life "want" to create and live. Something that makes all our assigned "laws" of chemistry, physics, biology, etc come together and make something greater than the sum of it's parts. And once created, there's obviously an inner drive in all creatures to continue to live, and make more. Yet I also don't look at like it's a great caring Mother Nature. No, Nature as a whole is apathetic, and can and will wipe out any existence by any number of means.
So, while I might believe in what is typically termed the soul, I have no faith in the typical God of religions, and especially in the books of those religions, which I find ample evidence of borrowing fables and lessons from others (the most obvious perhaps being the Great Flood). Not to say there isn't wisdom to be gained from such writings, but I won't ever accept them as the unchallengable truth, just because it says so.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]