View post (touchy topic....just wondering)

View thread

ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
09/20/2006 10:25 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buck
For example, I simply cannot understand how someone can say "I am a Christian because I was raised that way" and leave it at that. To me, that phrase implies you believe everything the Bible says, and I just don't understand how someone can unquestioningly believe EVERY SINGLE WORD of any text.

Well...I do believe every word of it, personally. You have to understand that in the Bible, God promises that it's all true. So if you don't believe everything in it...you believe God has broken a promise...the Bible also says that God will never break a promise.

I was raised Christian, and to be honest my family is miles away from being perfect Christians, but when I people say 'I was raised Christian', i mean that i grew up in a Christian family, and was exposed to the teachings and they all made sense to me.

You might call this brainwashing, but it's not like anyone's controlling our lives or anything. It is a free lifestyle, that has proved to be nothing but beneficial and happiness for me.

There are so many questions i don't know the answers to, but they never cause me to doubt my faith, because as humans, how could we possibly understand the mind of an omnipotent being?
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB