View post (touchy topic....just wondering)

View thread

ren
ren
09/20/2006 11:52 am
Originally Posted by: Tonja_Renee Evolution in my opinion is a religion.. Because you have to have some sort of faith that the world began that way in order to beleive it.

I guess - sadly none of us were around 4.5 billion years ago to confirm or deny. If we then see everything as a theory, what makes the scientific one more valid is that some attempt is made to substantiate it, and it can be supported although perhaps not proven. I think anything we 'proved' would be wrong in the fullness of time anyway - the people living in a time when the belief was the world was flat probably didn't think anymore about it. There alot for us to learn. One day we'll find out that to travel at the speed of light, all you have to do is put your pants on your head.... and then wonder how we didn't figure it out years ago.

Religion was a way to explain the inexplicable before science came along. Religion is entirely based on faith.

I read the bible a while ago, and I didn't find anything there for me. I won't talk about that as I don't want to offend. The only 'God' angle I still mull over is that lots the scientific bits I've picked up talk about what a ridiculous number of ridiculously unlikely events would have had to transpire in a ridiculously unlikely order to get us to where we are. With a probability of 0.000000000001% or whatever, maybe we're not a cosmic accident, but whether a higher power was involved I've no idea.

The experiments at CERN shortly may prove or disprove the existence of God... or suck us all into a black hole...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com