View post (touchy topic....just wondering)

View thread

Fret spider
Fret spider
09/20/2006 11:40 am
Originally Posted by: Tonja_ReneeI recently just started reading into the bible because I needed to find out for myself what it is that I beleive..

I too was beleiving that Evolution was based on Science, well its what they taught me in school. But Evolution is just a theory. I'm not sure if it was just my school, but I was led to beleive that this was actually proven, when in fact it was not. Just Theories..

i am sorry i just dont buy that. evolution may not be proven 100 percent but nothin ever is. just because we say gravity makes things fall doesnt mean that if i drop an apple it will definitly fall, i can be 99.9999999% sure it will but there is always a chance. so what are we to do, not trust that apples are gonna fall, no that would be stupid, cos then we would have to believe in nothing. so it is with evolution, there is not definitive proof, but there are tones of cases were there is an environment, some creatures change, eg become bigger or smaller over generations whilst other creature cant adapt and die. it happens all the time. when we went and domesticated wolves we were drivin evolution harder, forccing only wolves with atriburtes lthat we wanted to breed and create offspring. we made them evolve but to our own specifications not to those of a 'natural environment'.

and also as the man said there is proof that suggests evolution exists and no proof in creationism that isnt directly imagined buy man. saying its in the ible in my opinion is rubbish cos then u are sayin some man who knew nothing of science somhow new what happened many years before.

the reason people want to believe in faith is because there is no reason to exist if we do not belieeve in god. cos i we say killing people is bad because god says so, there is some sort of predefined justification. if we say killing people is bad beacuse i think it is bad, it just doesnt stand up because someone else could also validly say killing is good because i think it is. and if we say it is what the majority believes then the romans would be justified in keeping slaves and making them fight to the death in the colesium and the nazis would be justified in the holocaust.

so where does this leave me, in a horrible situation, i cant believe in god cos i think the evidence doesnt stack up being as there is no evidence for it and tonnes against. but if i dont belive in a god then there is no purpose in life no reason to live, no reason to be knig and generous to people. so my method try to forget about this detail and try to make myself think that the majority creates the morality. even though i know irt doesnt.