View post (ps3 vs wii)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
09/22/2006 11:52 am
The Wii will bomb.... just like N64 and GameCube...

It will be similar to how the Dreamcast bombed for Sega... The technology won't be embraced because there will still be more substance in the other gaming systems and limited amount of game developers that want to stray from putting their main resources towards selling games on much larger scales through Sony and Microsoft on the Xbox/360 and PS2/3 systems... Sony owns ~50% of the market... where Xbox owns ~40% and then only ~10% to Nintendo........ with numbers like that it's hard to imagine it will get game developers to invest multi million dollar projects to utilize the different technology... especially since Nintendos sales history is pretty poor... I don't see the Wii making it. That doesn't mean it won't be a cool system... just like the Dreamcast....... which was the first of the Second gen consoles...... i just think its a little too much change in the gaming industry a little too soon. a bold move by Nintendo.... With their sales history they should have made a safe move.... create a console that is similar to the PS3 and 360.... so more developers would be interested in making games without having to invest so many resources to utilize new technology.... Just my thoughts...