View post (Satch and Vai)

View thread

Lao_Tzu
Lao_Tzu
09/16/2006 9:24 am
anyone knows that joe satriani is a wide vocabulary. if you didnt have music before you how could u know what kinda style u want to create?
im being honest and saying i like there styles and i want to have the same amount of knowledge as they do so i can create beautiful music of my own. im not saying that i go out and be exactly like joe or vai. i respect them alot for what they have done. i know there influences already. im not stupid. and yet i still prefer there style satrianis more than vais. coz of vais ego to play a song live and i think what goes thru his head is "ill start on this note which is in the song and find the last note and ill show of inbetween and forget the song tottally" attitude is really gay i couldnt listen to vai for along time after i saw him live in london. altho some of his stuff like windows to the soul for the love of god and more are execellent works. . i really admire the knowledge behind it and i want a peice. as for satriani i dont see him as a good rather a very accomplished musician. the way i see it is there human so am i i can do what he can do if i want to. and i do. and i know ur probably gunna debate about naturall talent (in my opnion it is learnt not born bred.) but ive been told by several important people that i can do anything i desire with music. im just trying to find the key to it. i hope this satifies ur thirst about me. if i was really gunna do any music it would sound like pink floyd but its been and done.