View post (Satch and Vai)

View thread

jimmy_kwtx
jimmy_kwtx
09/15/2006 7:27 pm
Lao, -- DUDE,

I am not by any means bashing you -- get over the "Hero Worship. I only point this out becuase you have a VERY RECURRING THEME in every one of your posts -- UHMM "Satch and Vai"

Becuase - I am going out on a limb on this -- Your hero's would tell you the same thing"

Dude WE ALL KNOW that Satch and Vai are you influences. Have you looked into the influences of your influences? You may be suprised to see names like Hendrix and Zappa. Look into these players and their influences also you may see/hear the influence.

I am not trying to squash your dreams or desires... but alot of your posts have this theme of "Satch and Vai are gods and I want to be just like them".

This is a guitar commnity and we are all willing to help pass along knowledge and pointers but if all you really want to know is "Sacth and Vai" then we are not really going to be able to help out all that much.

I remember the original "not of this earth" by Satch (the indie not the AMI re issue) read alot of articles he wrote for various gtr mags and the one thing he would say in each of his articles was (paraphrasing) "earn all types anddiffernt ways of playing to improve and create your own [U]sound and style[/U].

to wrap up -- This community is here to help add pointers etc to help you along your jouney. SO TO NOT BE ANOTHER CLONE AMONG 1,000's . Expand and open your mind to other players that have 1) Inspired Satch and Vai 2) have been inspred by Satch and Vai but have their own voice/sound.

Sorry if I came down on you and some of the persons that know me know that this is not the norm but... Enough already. OPEN YOUR MIND AND YOUR EARS TO WHAT IS AROUND YOU! I may be overs tepping my boundries here but.... you are just hurting yourself by keeping such a closed minded perspective on your playing by focusing on just 2--2---2----2 of the many , many, MANY guitar players out there both past and present.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I reject your reality and substitue my own[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]BYAAAAAAAAAAAH![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]But it goes to eleven....[/FONT]