Anyone know of any piano/keyboard sites?

Ruyard
Ruyard
09/13/2006 3:05 am
Am a guitarist of 17 odd years and am trying to now also learn the keyboard (dont have room or money for a piano).

If I am after some guitar music I search for guitar tabs and get a million answers, but cant find ANY for piano/keyboard.

Could someone direct me to a site that has piano/keyboard tabs (I know they wont be tabs but whatever the equivalent is) and also maybe a site like this with forums to talk to others to help in my learning?

I am particularly after Right Now by Van Halen and November Rain buy Guns N Roses, if anyone knows sites of that style.

Thankyou for any help.
# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/13/2006 2:47 pm
The only site I know of is the one I set up with Jon:

http://www.pianotricks.com

The only "equivalent" thing to tab is musical notation. In fact it's the only efficient way to describe in visual/graphic form what notes to play on a piano/keyboard. The piano only has one possible key/note/position associated with every unique note on the musical staff. Much easier than the guitar with it's many possible fingerings & note locations!

You might have difficulty finding the music to those pieces without buying the scores to them. They are both copyright protected. One way around that would be to take private lessons and have a teacher learn them "by ear" and then show you how to play them. Or if the teacher has the scores, then your learning of them is somewhat ethically/legally protected by "fair use of private scholarship or study".

But in my experience any teacher worth taking lessons from will require you to buy the score anyway.

Good luck learning!
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
09/13/2006 8:24 pm
http://www.playpianotoday.com/
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 3
Ruyard
Ruyard
09/13/2006 11:43 pm
Thanks both for your replies. Just on the copyright of the music, what is different about people posting what they have learnt by ear on the net exactly the same as the million guitar scores on the net??
# 4
pure
pure
09/14/2006 12:30 am
they're trying to make free guitar tabs illegal and many tab sites have already been shut down. Writing a guitar tab is alot easier than making piano notation so thats why there's so many free tabs. all you need is a keyboard. plus its fast. making piano notation requires special programs and stuff and nobody wants to buy special notation software to make free sheet music.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.