View post (Guitar with Floyd Rose)

View thread

Krunek
Krunek
09/11/2006 12:04 pm
Originally Posted by: zreynoldspIt's not going to come off in your hand or anything :eek:

Just making the point that as it's a totally different piece of wood from the third fret back, it's not as solid as it could be - and if you're not as careful as you could be maybe you'll have a problem.

You'd have to hit it pretty hard to cause a problem - les paul's snap if they fall face first... so it isn't just RGs - just something to be aware of.

The higher end Ibanez guitars don't have this, so you could go up the range, but it means more money.

The one I had break was a RG320 - It must have taken a good hit to break like it did. I did glue it back together though, and it's good as new... :D

Uh, no biggie then. I just hit it on the body, not the neck... Uhm, higher end??
My friend, even this has cost me many sleepless nights and calculations...
And I love the 350 DX. It has everything I want... White, white pickguard, 24 frets, locking trem, not ordinary spots, but shark inlays... The only other Ibanez that comes in similar combination is a JEM... And that is totally out of my range... See, I even put a yamaha and a squier as an option, although I would rather have an Ibanez...