View post (interesting sweeping arpegios)

View thread

axemaster911
axemaster911
09/22/2006 7:27 am
The ear is the most important part of working towards increasing your abilitys. You have a very good ear for picking out sounds that intrest you, and a remarkable ability to transfer, and improve those sounds to your playing, ( considering the limited deepth of theroy you say you havent yet got into ). You are definitely covering the entire neck in great form, and most impressively with very controled speed.
The reason I am focusing on your playing is I see alot of my own approaches to playing in some of your work. I was so obsessed with becoming a master gutiarist, I thought myself the entire diatonic scale in G major (before I knew what diatonic scale was) without any formal training. I went by just learning my favorite songs, and slowly deducing what patterns they were useing to get the in key sound. This was in my earlly years. Your can imagine my shock when I finally decided I needed to get some gutiar training books and further my knowledge and found that I have sounded out the diatonic scale for myself, and that was why my playing was improving so much better.
My point is you have a great musical ear, wonderful hand, eye coordination, an abitity to blast out killer, unique note structures. Dont stop trying to learn all you can about the study of musics many theroy concepts, and others views on them because what you are doing now with the right education, ( above, and beyond your present musical education ) will have you doing things that far surpass what your doing now, (which is amazing)
If you listen to any thing I say let it be this, ( keep studying Theroy, diatonic Function, and your favorite players ) I am looking forward to your next song posts,( I am trying to steal some of your tricks) " Joking "