No one ever mentioned

polansky
polansky
09/07/2006 3:23 pm
I was listening a playlist on my Ipod the other day and remembered a guitar player that I don't recall anyone mention on the many guitar heroes listed in GT forums.

Greg Tribbet from Mudvayne.

A pretty "complete" guitar player I have to say, Mudvayne has really cool licks (well, pretty tight stuff in almost all their recordings), awesome guitar parts very precise, hard hitting metal, lots of harmonized well written (IMHO) songs that not only work on the power chord side of metal, not to mention the awesome work between him and bass player Ryan Martinie who may be more acclaimed if this page was called BassTricks, both of them work in very different ways (at least on the 2 first recordings) but actually working FOR the music, not to make a show off at all (for further reference of this ****ed up attitude look for Dragonforce).

But seriously, I'm really intrested on hearing some feedback on this coments, cause sometimes we let our personal taste to run over a real judgement on music, I love Metal (most of it) but I enjoy a lot other music styles (damn, I'm thinking on buying a strat only for the bluesy tone), so I guess this is the right place to talk bout this sort of topics.

Keep those comments comming.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.
# 1
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
09/08/2006 8:19 am
I was very big on Mudvayne when I was thirteen - I think I still have their L.D. 50 album. I admired them mainly for Ryan Martinie's playing (I was just starting to play bass at the time ;) ), but I do remember being struck by Greg Tribbett's skills as well. There were some great metal riffs on that album, and some cool melody lines as well. In fact, I think I'll go and search for the CD when I log off...
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.