A little strange...

Blues_Man
Blues_Man
09/04/2006 5:02 pm
Doesn't anyone here find it just a LITTLE strange that off to the left of this forum under the "Inspiration" list of GT, they have a Video Games Category?

That's more of a novelty category than an actual inspiration. If you are seriously inspired by video games, i can only imagine what your conversations sound like...."Dude! This new Vai album RULZ!! OMG!!!!". "NAAW DUDE! HAVEN'T YOU HEARD MARIO and LUIGI's NEW GAME?!!!! The guitar playin is WAAaY BEtteR! They OWN Vai!! OmG!!!............................ :D

hahaha

In all fairness though...Steve vai's playing on the halo 2 soundtrack was pretty awesome........ :D
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 1
Mark Pav
Mark Pav
09/04/2006 5:36 pm
Originally Posted by: Blues_ManIf you are seriously inspired by video games, i can only imagine what your conversations sound like...."Dude! This new Vai album RULZ!! OMG!!!!". "NAAW DUDE! HAVEN'T YOU HEARD MARIO and LUIGI's NEW GAME?!!!! The guitar playin is WAAaY BEtteR! They OWN Vai!! OmG!!!............................ :D

Sounds like certain other guitar forums I could mention, only your spelling is actually better.
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/04/2006 9:34 pm
Keep in mind that the "By Inspiration" thing is basically just a quick way of putting those words into the search engine automatically for you.
If you click on "Video Games", it's the same thing as using the Search feature to look for "Video Games"
Then it does a search of all the lessons on the site that either have the words 'video games' in them, or where the teacher has added them into the keywords for that page.
You could probably get some interesting results by using weird words in the main page search engine too. If the other instructors are anything like me, they'll throw in random keywords sometimes, just in case somebody searches for something weird like 'Fish Food' or whatever.
# 3
crazywandering
crazywandering
09/05/2006 3:00 am
where do I go to check my private messages?
I'm a Doctor Seuss!
Fragrance Lauren Ralph
# 4
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
09/05/2006 6:57 pm
If you scroll all the way up when your on the forum and twards the top on the right side it will say "Welcome, Crazywandering" just click on Private Messages. The number next to that is new messages.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 5
Willdridge
Willdridge
09/08/2006 6:50 pm
Firstly...

Originally Posted by: Mark PavSounds like certain other guitar forums I could mention, only your spelling is actually better.

Heheheh...too true, too true...

Secondly, I see your point...but I have to put my hand up and say I actually thought it was a nice, quirky option. I've got to be honest and say I do have a tendency to learn "trival" guitar licks (Tetris, Final Fantasy, Popeye The Sailor Man, Popcorn), but more as a bit of a laugh for party pieces than a serious inspiration....

I realise it's in alphabetical order, but what I find amusing is the fact Video Games is above Malmsteen...
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 6
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
09/08/2006 8:48 pm
Originally Posted by: WilldridgeI do have a tendency to learn "trival" guitar licks (Tetris, Final Fantasy, Popeye The Sailor Man, Popcorn), but more as a bit of a laugh for party pieces than a serious inspiration....

I realise it's in alphabetical order, but what I find amusing is the fact Video Games is above Malmsteen...

I learn movie themes and whatever too but they arent "inpirations"..

Video games above/or malmsteen....the two conflicts i had as a child.....Just kidding :D
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 7
Willdridge
Willdridge
09/08/2006 8:51 pm
Originally Posted by: Blues_ManVideo games above/or malmsteen....the two conflicts i had as a child.....Just kidding :D

Hehehe.... :p
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 8
rockonn91
rockonn91
09/14/2006 11:37 pm
Originally Posted by: crazywanderingwhere do I go to check my private messages?

im sorry, but when this kinda thing happens, it never ceases to make me laugh.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.