View post (them fingerpicking blueeeess)

View thread

jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
09/03/2006 12:37 pm
ok i still have issues with fingerpicking...cos in most videos ive seen (and besideds the fact it looks way cooler :cool: ) i cant seem to make full use of all my fingers when fingerpicking..it slows the song down which i hate..for example

-----------------0-----
---------------0---0---
-------------0---------
-----------0-----------
---------0------------- x4

how would u guys play this? i just go abt this with my right thumb all the way down..thing is it tends to slip alot and i get retarted noises...or sometimes it loses rythm because my thumb just so happen to get stuck between strings...then again when i use all of my other fingers (which are unco , fair enough) , im not getting the sound i want...for this simple picking for example, (not standard tuning), it repeats itself for 4 times and when i use all my fingers, it tends to mute the other strings when i replace them to repeat the riff, which isnt right...it it absolutely necessary to use all fingers? or do i just stick to my way of doing it, just that i need more practise? this part is only a small bit in the song...it includes many other not-so-complexed-but-josh-is-an-idiot picking as well..and i use abt 3 fingers for the whole song which doesnt help cos it slows me down, not up to tempo with the real thing...

thanks
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]