View post (Diatonic scale-Most important need to know!)

View thread

axemaster911
axemaster911
08/28/2006 6:41 pm
Originally Posted by: jeffhxawesome advice...im definitely going to work on it...ive been looking up lessons like mad...theory is always a pain to me...well ive got to start sometime...

I dont know exactly whats going on, but almost every theroy book, or instruction book for gutiar I have looked at, ( and even players Ive debated with ) seem to be over complicating a subject thats not inherently that dam complex. Music is just a wide range of pitches that each musican creates to there liking, and mearly learning to stay within key is the point where a person starts becoming good, and better able to start understanding how to further their musical knowledge, and skill.
Some of the best songs are simple note structures arranged in such a creative way we want to here it over, and over. Make it to complex, and technical, and people lose intrest.
I recommend less advanced players put the most effort into studying the term DIATONIC SCALE. Then practice learning it top, to bottom in the keys of C, or G major to start with,( most commonly used ). Know that its not just for lead, chords also fall in diatonic scale. Thats when you will start to break out of the pack.
Dont get me wrong there still alot else to learn, but by that point it will be fun, and more comprehendible. Thats usually the point where a player starts to really get good.