New Acoustic

Fenderalltheway
Fenderalltheway
08/25/2006 1:57 am
Hey guys!

Well, it's that time again. Time for me to get a new acoustic! What I've been mainly looking at is Alvarez, Martin, and Taylor, and I really like the Alvarez acoustic-electric. But I'm wondering, does the fact that a guitar is acoustic/electric change the sound when its not plugged in? Does it sound worse than a regular acoustic? And does the single-cut-away on the Alvarez acoustic/electric change the sound?
I've also looked at the Martin acoustic/electrics, which are nice, and I also like the regular taylor acoustics.
It would be nice to keep the guitar under $1,000, so if anyone could recomend a model to me that they have, or have played that would be great!

Thanks!
"When you want to rock hard children, lean of F#."
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
08/25/2006 3:32 am
The Breedlove that is 999 USD is a killer guitar... I know two people that have it and I've played both of them and they're really nice... similar in feel to a taylor 615 as the way it plays... the body is smalled than a 615 though
# 2
Krunek
Krunek
08/25/2006 10:30 pm
Originally Posted by: FenderallthewayHey guys!

Well, it's that time again. Time for me to get a new acoustic! What I've been mainly looking at is Alvarez, Martin, and Taylor, and I really like the Alvarez acoustic-electric. But I'm wondering, does the fact that a guitar is acoustic/electric change the sound when its not plugged in? Does it sound worse than a regular acoustic? And does the single-cut-away on the Alvarez acoustic/electric change the sound?
I've also looked at the Martin acoustic/electrics, which are nice, and I also like the regular taylor acoustics.
It would be nice to keep the guitar under $1,000, so if anyone could recomend a model to me that they have, or have played that would be great!

Thanks!

Uhm... Not that I know that much bout guitars, but, if it can help...
In general, A/E don"t sound worse than regular acoustics. Maybe if they are cutaway a bit more thinner... You know what I mean? But it is not a difference that would stand out... Personally, I love nylon strings. They are great. If, by any chance, you are going for one of those (which you are not, but...) I would say Yamaha. Steel string Yamaha is also a good choice, but, if so, get a compass series. Cause they are good. But you have to aim at a top here... Not so sure you could get it for 1000 $. The CPX series. Next choice OF MINE would probably be Ibanez...Masa series. JX 70. You have it all here...
And you could probably get it for a 1000. That is just my opinion. Hope I helped some.
Uh, and what ever you do, don"t buy a stratacoustic or acoustasonic or whatever. They are nice to look at and sound great when plugged... but not for long. Dissapointed myself greatly at them... Not a guitar for gigs. At all.
No offense to any of you guys playing it. Actually, I am one of you. But dissapointed. Anyhow, hope this helps some.
# 3
Fenderalltheway
Fenderalltheway
08/26/2006 12:40 am
Originally Posted by: KrunekUhm... Not that I know that much bout guitars, but, if it can help...
In general, A/E don"t sound worse than regular acoustics. Maybe if they are cutaway a bit more thinner... You know what I mean? But it is not a difference that would stand out... Personally, I love nylon strings. They are great. If, by any chance, you are going for one of those (which you are not, but...) I would say Yamaha. Steel string Yamaha is also a good choice, but, if so, get a compass series. Cause they are good. But you have to aim at a top here... Not so sure you could get it for 1000 $. The CPX series. Next choice OF MINE would probably be Ibanez...Masa series. JX 70. You have it all here...
And you could probably get it for a 1000. That is just my opinion. Hope I helped some.
Uh, and what ever you do, don"t buy a stratacoustic or acoustasonic or whatever. They are nice to look at and sound great when plugged... but not for long. Dissapointed myself greatly at them... Not a guitar for gigs. At all.
No offense to any of you guys playing it. Actually, I am one of you. But dissapointed. Anyhow, hope this helps some.

Although I am not looking for a Nylon string, I do own two, previously three but that's not the point, because I also play Classical guitar. One of them is a Yamaha, and I love the guitar very much for it's great sound.
"When you want to rock hard children, lean of F#."
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.