Basic Tracks 1st recording

jimmy_kwtx
jimmy_kwtx
08/23/2006 7:47 pm
OK. For those of you who have been following my post in the recording section...Thank you.

I finally am able to record... Yeahhh :)

Here is a link to soundclick with th songs listed.

I used Guitartracks2 for the bass (I am not that good of a bass player so bear with me), Delusion for drums, Audacity to convert the files.

If numbered correct. 1 should be 2 seperate tracks no effects. 2 should be 2 seperate tracks with some effects. and 3 should be a bounced track with me playing around with even more effects.

This is my first time to record with the PC so any and all sugesstions are welcome.

Also this would be the basic back beat to the lyrics I posted in the songwriting section a few months ago.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=591345 Soundclick 3 tracks

www.soundclick.com/jimmykwtx

If there are any problems with the link please let me know since I am new to this part of it also.

Thanks
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I reject your reality and substitue my own[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]BYAAAAAAAAAAAH![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]But it goes to eleven....[/FONT]
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
08/23/2006 11:32 pm
I like how the chorus effect sounded on the bass in the second track, but you have to be carefull when adding effects to bass, as it can make the bass get lost in the mix. One thing to keep in mind about the drums, a drummers kit doesn't go from one end of the stage to another. Use a little panning to sepparate the kit a bit, but don't get too wide with things... it tends to sounds fake when you do that. Lord knows I've been to blame for doing that plenty of times lol. When you're mixing, especilly filling out the sound space, try to picture a band on stage, and use that as a panning template. You also want to make sure that the instruments aren't stepping on each others toes in the sonic space too. I posted a couple of links on that in >THIS THREAD<. Overall.... good job ;)
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2
jimmy_kwtx
jimmy_kwtx
08/24/2006 2:50 pm
Thanks for the tips and links. I have some questions on a couple of the things you mentioned but I will post them under the thread I have in Recording so the (peers around shoulder and says ---In a whisper) "the van..." doesn't come and take this away :eek:

# 3
jimmy_kwtx
jimmy_kwtx
08/28/2006 11:21 pm
Originally Posted by: jimmy_kwtx
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=591345 Soundclick 3 tracks

www.soundclick.com/jimmykwtx

Ok added new track drums only. Adjusted the "pan". Noticed a major difference ... thanks for the "intel" 00P :cool:

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.