....agony....

rockonn91
rockonn91
08/21/2006 12:17 am
Got the wisdom teeth out this weekend. that stuff hurts, and if that wasnt enough, I look like a fat little kid. Just to add insult to injury. :p

The bummer though is that the pain meds really dont seem to be doing anything. I mean, they're prescription drugs, I expected more pain protection than that of Ibuprofin. All they're working for is making me drowzy and given me the munchies like mad.

Whatever. Im off to eat some more pills. :rolleyes:
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 1
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
08/21/2006 1:00 am
Dangit. Now your making me nervous :eek: . I've got an appointment with a dentist tuesday about a sore tooth. If he tries to give me braces or something, i'll bitch-slap him.

Anyways, enjoy the illegal pills and hopefully you'll be better soon.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 2
SprayTech
SprayTech
08/21/2006 2:21 am
I feel for you , I had mine pulled one at a time 20 years ago , but I had Vicodin :) now those were some meds......LOL

Just had a root canal done last week too , then another one is getting done in 4 more weeks .
# 3
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
08/21/2006 3:40 am
I had all 4 of mine pulled at the same time. Actually having them pulled was a peice of cake... afterwards was what was so bad. Whatever you do, do not suck on anything, or use a straw. It can cause dry pockets where the teeth once were, and it is no walk in the park if that happens! Ice packs, darvacet, and tomatoe soup were my best friends for a couple weeks.

Hope you get to feeling better bud!

@SprayTech... I had a root canal done a little over a year ago, and my sinuses haven't been right since. I've always had sinus problems ever since I broke my nose back in high school, but it seems like the root canal just trapped all the infection up in my sinus cavity, and continues to keep it somewhat infected. A root canal will only ever be as a last resort for me!
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 4
rockonn91
rockonn91
08/21/2006 1:14 pm
yeah, same for me. the operation was easy. doc said I should bring in my own music to listen to as the whole thing happened (something like if you go to sleep hearing music, and you wake up to the same music it seems like the operation took like... no time at all. and it keeps you calm before.) so from what I hear, the doc was rockin to my Doobie Bros cd.

Im a bit worried about the dry sockets you're talking about, doc said that if the pain meds really wernt working, then thats a possibility. yesterday hurt so bad. today Its feeling alright, so Im thinking its healing.

Bahhh wisdom teeth suck.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 5
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
08/21/2006 6:03 pm
I had my wisdom teeth out along time ago... had all four pulled...

They didn't put me under.. they just sedated me - (which I highly recommend :D) I didn't have any problems really.. pain killers and rinsed with saline solution for a few days..

Wasn't really a big deal - but then again I have given birth.. lol
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
# 6
aschleman
aschleman
08/21/2006 6:20 pm
I have been told by 3 different dentists that I probably won't need to have my wisdom teeth out... All of mine have already came in... so atleast I got that goin for me...

I've had numerous other painful surgeries though... knee surgery wasn't too bad... My shoulder surgery was the worst of all operations... That's the reason I'm not playing baseball anymore...... stupid rotator cuff... The MRI was the worst part... they injected some expanding liquid in between my rotator cuff and ball joint of my humerus... they used an Xray machine to make sure they got it in there... and everytime he missed and hit my bone i could not only see it... but I sure as hell felt it....

I'm glad that I dont have to get my wisdom teeth pulled htough. Everyone that I've known has had there's out and they all said the same thing... "hell"
# 7
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
08/21/2006 6:45 pm
Originally Posted by: aschleman Everyone that I've known has had there's out and they all said the same thing... "hell"

I wouldn't go that far. I've certainly gone through much worse.

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 8
aschleman
aschleman
08/21/2006 7:03 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaI wouldn't go that far. I've certainly gone through much worse.

I'm sure I would much rather have my wisdom teeth out than go through what I went through when I herniated a disc in my lower back my at an ABA (Amateur Baseball Association) game after my freshmen year of college ball... I was in a wheelchair for 10 days... haha... I'm sure it's not that bad... but from what I hear it's not pleasant.

Needless to say... next time I went to make a play on a foul ball I made sure there was a fence in front of the in-ground dugout.......... I wouldn't even of had to make the play if our 3rd baseman had any kind of speed... stupid slow people.... oh well. It was fun to watch on the highlight reel.......... Too bad I constantly have to go to the chiropractor and I'm only 22 years old....
# 9
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
08/21/2006 7:18 pm
Probably the worst pain I've gone through was after breaking my hand the second time. It was a "boxer's fracture", where the break goes diaganal instead of straight across. The worst was when they tried to set the bone. To do this, they put something that resembled a chinese handcuff over my finger, and then I had to let my arm hang freely, with it's weight pulling on my finger, which pulled the bone back inline. Well, I thought that was bad until they put a strap over my bicep and started cranking down on it. They gradually got up to about 20lbs. of pressure pulling down on that one finger and broken bone. They a cast was put on in hopes that it would stay set... it didn't. Ended up having to have two screws put in (which are still in there today) to hold it together right. After my hand woke up from the local anesthesia, it was pretty rough then too, but not as bad as having it set.

Having my wisdom teeth pulled was a piece of cake compared to that.

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.