View post (Local music Scene)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
08/21/2006 3:24 pm
I currently live in a college town... so the music scene is as such. A lot of make-shift bands... The biggest thing that seems to be going on here though is the acoustic shows.... There are a few good acoustic acts around here that I've played with... Some have recording contracts with a local studio called Hoosier Surf. The biggest thing to come out of my hometown recently is LD Miller of the Clayton Miller Blues Band.... He was on "America's Got Talent" he's a 12 year old harmonica player and John Popper of Blues Traveler called him the greatest harmonica player he'd ever seen......... haha. But yeah, I;ve played with his brother Cole and Clayton... they both can play. Look LD Miller up on youtube.com and you'll see a bunch of vids of him and his brothers. Another good acoustic act here in West Lafayette is Kyle Bledsoe.... check him out on myspace.

I forgot to add Michael Kelsey... He's f'n amazing... if you like unique looping and crazy guitar playing... check him out at michaelkelsey.com check his vids... The guy won the Guitarmageddon competition in 2003 with an acoustic guitar.... NUTS!!