synth?

Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
08/14/2006 3:42 pm
well, as a few of you may know/remember, I recently bought a midi-pickup for my Les Paul, and a Roland Gr20 guitar synth pedal...I'm loving this thing and really enjoying the sounds I can make with it.

I am now considering a keybaord synth, as my band has taken on another guiatrist (with my blessing and support) to allow me to focus a bit more time on synthy, electronic vibes, as well as my standard guitarist position...I dont reall play piano, have fooled around a bit, but never really tried to learn, mostly just play songs that I would play on guitar, but rearrange them slightly to work nicely on a piano...is this a hinderence when playing a synth? or not? should I look into this? Or am I wasting m,y money and time? is it better for us to get a full-time keyboard/synth player or what? any ideas?

also, does anyone know of any nice synths, that wont break my bank account (not a Microkorg or anything) I am looking for full-sized keys, and quite a lot of them.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 1
rockonn91
rockonn91
08/14/2006 3:54 pm
oh, I was going to reccomend a MicroKorg, untill I read your last sentance.

well... what is your budget then? the Micro is $400.

you really cant buy any new synths for less than that. try out Ebay, you'll be surprised on what you find.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 2
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
08/14/2006 4:03 pm
not sure of my budget in USD exactly...probably around 1000$.

still have to see wether buying one is a good idea or not
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.