Almost overdue for this year

rgrandsire
rgrandsire
08/11/2006 4:58 pm
Hi guys, still the same amazing throughput (1 song a year), here is my yearly delivery. It's called I wanna be the boss!!
You listen to it at soundclick:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=388007

Select I wanna be the boss.
Tell me what you think, how bad it is or not.
Have a great y'all

Remi :)
# 1
Superhuman
Superhuman
08/11/2006 8:04 pm
Ok here's my honest opinion...

The backing track needs more variation, it wears thin after a while, maybe a key change or change of pace somewhere would liven things up more. The playing is good, there are some great runs and for the most part very nice technique throughout however... (there's allways something!) the lead guitar sounds out of tune sometimes - not that the playing is out but the actual tuning on the guitar (could be the intonation on the higher frets). There was a nice 'Vai-esque' harmony moment starting at 1.20 which lead into the best part of lead (not the most technical part but the most stylish).
I like the guitar playing but don't like the lead tone, it's a personal thing but I thought it was too thin and squeeky (it can probably be EQ'd easily enough so no worries there.. What's your setup (chain from guitar through to speaker)?
Overall, I would would say this track has the potential to be great, all it needs is a new drum track with more variation and either a few more riffs OR another rhythm track playing a few odd harmonies to thicken it out and give it depth. I hope you don't read this as a bad review cos its not, as I said some nice fret work in there and potential for a great track. BTW .... one track per year??? What's taking you guys so long??? :p
# 2
RGX312l
RGX312l
08/11/2006 11:39 pm
First of all, it is nice to know of anither left-handed gtrist :)

I had a great time listening to a few of the songs. It sounds very lively and have the feel of 'just wanting to have a good time'. A nice deviation from some of the darker stuffs.

I enjoyed the music and I made me feel good. Thanks!

RGX312L :)
"Dangerous Distortion, Serious Sustain"

www.soundcloud.com/rgx312l
# 3
rgrandsire
rgrandsire
08/11/2006 11:54 pm
Thanks man,

I'm way too lazy. I just find one drum track and let it roll. Good critics, I'll dig into the rythm part and make it more interesting.
As far as guitar sound, it's just an Epiphone Les Paul for the rythm tracks and an ESP KH202 (Ithink) plugged into a zoom 12 tracks recorder.
Maybe my guitar needs setup I guess that why it sounds a little off.
Again thanks it's good positive criticism, I'll think about it.

Remi :D
# 4
rgrandsire
rgrandsire
08/11/2006 11:55 pm
Originally Posted by: RGX312lFirst of all, it is nice to know of anither left-handed gtrist :)

I had a great time listening to a few of the songs. It sounds very lively and have the feel of 'just wanting to have a good time'. A nice deviation from some of the darker stuffs.

I enjoyed the music and I made me feel good. Thanks!

RGX312L :)

Thanks Lefty forever, it's hard to find guitars though!!! You're right it's just about having some fun.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.