John Bush-era Anthrax

jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
08/08/2006 1:56 am
Up until the weekend, I had only listened to two Anthrax albums: Among the Living and Spreading the Disease. Somebody told me a long time ago that only the albums that the band recorded with Joey Belladonna were worth listening to, and that their albums with Belladonna's replacement, John Bush, were rubbish. Only on Saturday did I realise how foolish I was to have accepted this without question, because I stumbled on a cheap copy of their 2003 John Bush-fronted album, We've Come For You All, and bought it - and I think it's fantastic! I was just wondering whether anybody else has listened to Bush-era Anthrax stuff and liked it a lot?
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 1
metalshadow
metalshadow
08/08/2006 2:03 am
I liked it alot. I think some of thier best stuff was with him. My favorite stuff was what they did with Dime. Dimebag played guest guitar solos on several Anthrax tracks from their John Bush era the songs being: Riding Shotgun from Stomp 442, Inside Out off Volume 8: The Threat is Real, and Strap It On and Cadallic Rock Box off We've Come For You All. In a recent interview Anthrax bassist Frank Bello said 'Darrel was basically the sixth member of Anthrax'.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.