Bagged me a bargain!

strat-man
strat-man
08/07/2006 8:51 pm
Well last week i threw caution to the wind and bought a second hand guitar off e-bay! :eek: like my other two axes its made by stagg :rolleyes: but they're all i can afford :( anyway its a LP400 (replica les paul) and i'm pleased to say that apart from needin a damn good clean and a set of strings, i love it! stays in tune and intonation is good same as my other two, Stagg are excepionally well built for the money, but caus they're cheap the pick-ups are crap, so i'd already decided that i would replace them like i did on my S300 (strat) but since i've received the guitar i've decided to only replace the bridge pup, it really is lame! but the neck pup is awesome! its got the warmest, creamiest, bluesiest tone i've ever heard! i can't stop playin the damn thing! so i'm pretty chuffed with it for the grand price of £55 bout 80-100 US$ ?ish, i'll order a new bridge pup for it next month and she'll be good to rock, she sounds awesome playin 'alright now' by free thru my little marshall ms2 1w amp that i use for late night practice , anyways just thought i'd share my good news with you guys
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
08/07/2006 10:31 pm
I like stories with happy endings! :D

The thing about 'no-name' gear is that by the third set, the audience doesn't care what you're playin', just so you rock 'em.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
08/08/2006 12:55 am
Congrats! Sounds like an awesome axe.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 3
metalshadow
metalshadow
08/08/2006 1:49 am
Nothin better than a decent axe for decent money i say. I have a Morgan Monroe Journeyman acoustic electric that I paid like $350 for and I love it. I rarely play anything else.
# 4
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
08/09/2006 7:50 am
Hey dude, you're from Derby! Have you ever been to Guitars4you in Ashbourne? that place is awesome! that shop sold me my favourite guitar...and they are always having specials on their highend axes! when you get to the point that you want a Prs/Fender/GandL or any high end axe, be sure to check them out.

Just thought I'd let you know
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 5
strat-man
strat-man
08/09/2006 9:23 pm
Originally Posted by: Andrew SaHey dude, you're from Derby! Have you ever been to Guitars4you in Ashbourne? that place is awesome! that shop sold me my favourite guitar...and they are always having specials on their highend axes! when you get to the point that you want a Prs/Fender/GandL or any high end axe, be sure to check them out.

Just thought I'd let you know

Thanx for the tip dude, just moved in with my girlfriend so i live just on the outskirts of Ashbourne now!, i'll check em out :D don't s'pose you know if they do repair's do you? i want the nut re-cut on my S300 so i can fit 10's but cant seem to find any decent luthiers in the Derby(shire) area!
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.