Stuff to make you cringe

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/05/2006 3:47 am
I've probably posted this crap before but hey.....
it's good for a laugh.

This is stuff by the band Gorilla Problem. (which was basically just me and my brother doing all the instruments except for a couple of guest band members like Dave Slavenhoot on bass or Chris Dumas on acoustic guitar and vocal harmonies.
This was basically a joke around band we put together to go into various studios to check them out and just record the most godawful songs we could think of. Mostly for the experience but also to check out how studios operated and which were the best ones.
Basically... if the owner of the studio treated us like crap, we'd never work with him again.
If the engineer and producer sat around with us and got wasted...realizing that the songs were parodies or just joke songs where we played half decent instrumental tracks...then pretended to do really bad lyrics and vocals to see if they got the fact that we were joking or not... basically let us know who we could trust to 'get it' when we went in the studio.

So here's a bunch of dumb, worn out songs with horrible lyrics that we used to test audio engineers to see if they could gap into the fact that we were just joking around.

This one is actually an early recording of the instrumental to a song by Platinum Blonde called "Not In Love". But we just reused the drums and added out own music. (if you actually take the original recording of 'Not in Love' by those guys and play it side by side with our song below, it should match up exactly)

http://s93744050.onlinehome.us/MP3/Chuckie.mp3

http://s93744050.onlinehome.us/MP3/ILikeYou.mp3
http://s93744050.onlinehome.us/MP3/ILoveHer.mp3

We did majorly x-rated lyrics, and then had a friend of his bring in his pre-teen daughters to do the background harmonies. (the girls didn't know what they were singing to.... they just thought they were singing backup to a proper song)
There's some major x-rated lyrics in here so please: Adults Only.
... and Jennifer Doyon and Julie Doyon are the best.. and Jocyln too.

The studio we ended up using was called Parasound in Newmarket run by Mike Jack. A pretty kewl dude who would give us free reign to do experiments and who actually enjoyed screwing around and laughing his head off at all the weird crap we did.
He did some pretty good screwy tunes of his own too like "Hymlic Maneouver" about people choking..... along with some spacy ideas of his own.
He also worked with a number of Newmarket bands like Glass Tiger among others.
This is my late brother drumming and doing vocals btw:
And the song "I Love Her" was distributed to a whole bunch of dance clubs around the York Region area. Which was kinda weird, cause we'd go into the clubs and watch couples dancing to lyrics like "I hemourage with laughter, and I **** my pants... she cares and she cleans it up with her soft hands"

"I hiccup... she tastes it... hot dogs for lunch..."
"she's got a body I'd like to munch."

What a luv song. :)
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.