Why Me???

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/05/2006 1:47 am
I already posted this in my 'Schpagina" day thread but wanna get some comments on it as far as lead vocals go.

So... should I give up and get a lobotomy, forever removing my vocal ability or can I do a passing lead vox that maybe needs some major EQing and mixing to blend it in better.

Did this song on a Mac G3 with Cubase:...

http://s93744050.onlinehome.us/WhyMe.mp3
# 1
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
08/05/2006 2:29 am
dude your voice suits it perfectly imo...if u think thats bad that obviously u havent heard my stuff..hmm i shud give lobotomy a thought..

sweet solos near the end.. :)
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 2
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/05/2006 4:57 am
Hell I liked it man. I thought it was awesome. The only thing I might suggest would be multitracking the vocals on the "Why You" parts with some harmonization to give it fullness cuz imo theres just a little something missing there. Everything else is great.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/05/2006 6:45 am
thanks dude.....
I'm still workin on it....

....the stupid area I live in keeps having thunderstorms so I end up getting half way done and the power goes out.
this area sucks for lightning storms.
As soon as you see lightning outside, you know for sure that yer gonna be losing power and looking for candles.

Worst thing is, it crashes my computer and ruins anything I was working on.... then it has to restart from scratch and run the diagnostic disk first aid before it'll start up again... then half my files have been put in the 'recovered folder' in my my trash.

The thing that sucks is I've only got my computer, amp, tv set and converter...my air conditioner and my clock running off the one fuse.
Unfortunately, the stupid asshole builder who designed the place also stuck my fridge, kitchen with the stove, plus the bathroom plug where you use the hair dryer... plus the laundry room with the dryer and florescent lightss....as well as the sauna to boot.

Every time I have to record vocals, I have to around and unplug half the stuff in the house cause the idiots who built the place didn't follow wiring code.

The major thing that sucks is you turn on the hair dryer in the bathroom, and my computer, amp, fridge, Microwavek,TV and PVR, dvd player, air conditioner and all the lights and clocks shut off.

Anyways... enough complaining.
I'm just sick of getting a half song recorded only to have the power go out and my last 20 minutes of saved material dissappear.
# 4
EL34XYZ
Pipelayers local 309
EL34XYZ
Pipelayers local 309
08/05/2006 7:31 am
Oh man, do yourself a big favor and get a UPS.

I run battery UPS/battery backup/surge units on all my computers.

Not that I need to run the computers when the power is off, but they give you time to shut it down properly and there's no more surges, power interuptions, brown outs, etc.

Edit: BTW, I like that tune. I like all the synth kind of stuff. Your voice is no worse than half the stuff out there on CD. :)
# 5
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/05/2006 6:31 pm
Originally Posted by: magicninjaHell I liked it man. I thought it was awesome. The only thing I might suggest would be multitracking the vocals on the "Why You" parts with some harmonization to give it fullness cuz imo theres just a little something missing there. Everything else is great.

You mean turn the harmonies up even further than they are?
I put harmonies in all the chorus sections but by vocals are kinda soft so maybe ya can't hear em... plus my main vocal is soft too....

here's the harmony track by itself:

http://s93744050.onlinehome.us/harmonies.mp3

(...heh...not a bad job after 12 beers. I should drink more often when I record :)

Here's an instrumental with the harmonies at the regular volume...

http://s93744050.onlinehome.us/FullInstwharmonies.mp3

Maybe I just need to bring up the main vocal towards the end.

My brain hurts.... I'm on day two of Scplunge day.
# 6
RGX312l
RGX312l
08/09/2006 4:56 am
I really like this song. It's got that 80's electro-sound, a great hook and not to mention, the nice gtr work at the end.

Litening to the isolated track for the harmonies, I am thinking of those 12" Remix versions.

:)
"Dangerous Distortion, Serious Sustain"

www.soundcloud.com/rgx312l
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.