IQ test

magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/04/2006 10:03 pm
Well it didn't ask questions like, who played Racheal's mom on Friends on the 5th season. It asked capitals of countries and writers of books. That I seen anyway. Try the test at the bottom where it says our hardest test or whatever. That one I got a 121. It wasn't easy. That said, I think a real IQ test would have a few more questions and be a little more comprehensive.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 1
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
08/04/2006 11:23 pm
Who the hell joins a 'high society club'?

Instead of joining the club, I'll just sell you a shirt that says "I'm an A-hole"
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 2
earthman buck
earthman buck
08/05/2006 12:54 am
Interesting fact: the IQ test was developed as a way to screen people for any mental deficiencies and institutionalize the afflicted.
# 3
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
08/05/2006 1:08 am
I was tested in early grade school. 162. Bad times. It was like holding a winning lottery ticket that I didn't buy, while everyone around me was yakking about what they would do with my winnings. :p :(

And the school system is completely unable to deal with people in the top or bottom 10% . :confused:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 4
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
08/05/2006 2:09 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneWell, I had a membership in Mensa... hopefully that doesn't make me an a-hole.

It's all subjective really. There are people with an IQ of 80 who can rebuild an engine; I'd like to know how to do that... there are people with an IQ of 200 that can't hold a conversation for crap... I doubt that I have an IQ that high but I sure like being able to talk to people.

Wow, sorry if i offended you man. From what i can tell your not an a-hole. I was more getting at how the whole thing seems to come off as 'I did better on a mediocre and flawed internet test and paid my way in so i am better than you'. Once again many sorrys if i offended you dude.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 5
BarleyMob
BarleyMob
08/05/2006 4:39 am
Yay for me!!!

# 6
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/05/2006 2:05 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckInteresting fact: the IQ test was developed as a way to screen people for any mental deficiencies and institutionalize the afflicted.[/QUOTE]
Well, that depends on who you're talking about... Dr. Binet invented the test as a means to identify students who needed specialized instruction to keep up with their fellow classmates. He in fact warned against using the test as a measure of "intelligence."

It's the people who've followed him that have gone and institutionalized low-scorers or have used it as a measuring stick of how smart we all are.

Originally Posted by: PonyOne[QUOTE=Lordathestrings]I was tested in early grade school. 162. Bad times. It was like holding a winning lottery ticket that I didn't buy, while everyone around me was yakking about what they would do with my winnings. :p :(

And the school system is completely unable to deal with people in the top or bottom 10% . :confused:

So true. That there are so many people who are really intelligent and talented who end up utterly disenfranchised and burnt out by the first 18 years of their lives shows that there is something in dire need of change.

^^^^^
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

# 7
Krunek
Krunek
08/06/2006 2:32 pm
Originally Posted by: magicninjaWell it didn't ask questions like, who played Racheal's mom on Friends on the 5th season. It asked capitals of countries and writers of books. That I seen anyway. Try the test at the bottom where it says our hardest test or whatever. That one I got a 121. It wasn't easy. That said, I think a real IQ test would have a few more questions and be a little more comprehensive.

Yeah, but there were a few questions with words I didnt understand. That is what I meant. Like if i was to ask you, a triangle with all three same sides is:

a) Pravokutan
b) Jednakokračan
c) Raznokračni
d) Trapez

Or something like that. Get it? My english is not so bad (or at least I hope so) but it is not great either. I shall try the other test. And you still have a beer to pay... ;)
# 8
Krunek
Krunek
08/06/2006 2:55 pm
YOUR IQ SCORE IS:

A score of 124 or higher is required to qualify for membership in the Society.

I want to purchase my Personal Intelligence Profile.

That is the other test at the bottom of the page... Had even more trouble undertanding that one, though. Hmmmm... Maybe I should work on my english a bit more. :eek:
# 9
markc2005
markc2005
08/06/2006 4:39 pm
YOUR IQ SCORE IS:

A score of 124 or higher is required to qualify for membership in the Society.

i dont think it is a very accurate test thoguh because of the general knowlege section, i know next to nothing about books and geography. on other test i have done i usually get between 130 and 140
humans aren't imortal
but rock and roll will never die
:cool:

my soundclick page nothing very impressive though
# 10
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
08/07/2006 5:11 pm
If I was in control of this site, i'd make everyone get a high score... so more losers would join. Therefore I'd make more money.

# 11
aschleman
aschleman
08/07/2006 5:46 pm
If everyone here really wanted to see how intelligent that are... They should spend the money to take the MENSA test... It's the American society of intellectually gifted individuals... I thought about taking it for fun at one point... when I got my IQ scores back... because my guidence counselor suggested it and said it would pretty much garauntee me admissions into any school (within reason) that I wanted to go study engineering at... I don't like studying so I never took it. I dont' really care either way. But it's an actual society that actually carries quite a bit of weight in the US. I don't know if it's an international Society or not... ??
# 12
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
08/07/2006 6:38 pm
Originally Posted by: aschleman.... I don't know if it's an international Society or not... ??[/QUOTE]
Meh, Americans...

>click<

[QUOTE=Mensa Canada].... Mensa was founded in England in 1946 by Roland Berrill, a barrister, and by Dr Lance Ware, a scientist and lawyer. They had the idea of forming a society for bright people, the only qualification for membership being a high IQ. The original aims were to create a society that is non-political and free from all racial or religious distinctions. The word "Mensa" is simply Latin for "table", the idea being we are a round-table society where all members regardless of age, sex, race, beliefs or income are considered equals.

The Mensa Canada Society welcomes people from every walk of life whose IQ is in the top 2% of the population. The objective of membership is to enjoy each other's company and to participate in a wide range of social and cultural activities.

Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 13
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/07/2006 8:15 pm
Home Page
Mensa Information
Membership Benefits
Mensa Workout
National Groups
Other Resources
Contact Mensa
Members Area
Username :

Password :

Save Password :

The username and password can be found in the Mensa International Journal. If you have questions or problems, please email [email]webinquiries@mensa.org[/email]

Your score was 24 out of 30. That is a very good score, you would have a good chance of passing the Mensa test.
Please note that the Mensa Workout is NOT the official Mensa test, and your score will not qualify or disqualify you for membership.

If I don't have to travel 300 miles to take the test. I may consider it.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 14
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
08/07/2006 10:26 pm
Originally Posted by: magicninja... If I don't have to travel 300 miles to take the test. I may consider it.

It can be a bit of a morale-booster. I joined at a time when I was getting truned down for job interviews a couple of times a day. Mind you, I still don't have the definitive answer to the common question:

"If you're so frickin' smart, why ain't you rich?"

:confused:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 15
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/07/2006 10:28 pm
man I scored 6 !!

Never wanted to be in their stinking society anyway !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 16
markc2005
markc2005
08/08/2006 11:01 am
Your score was 24 out of 30. That is a very good score, you would have a good chance of passing the Mensa test.
Please note that the Mensa Workout is NOT the official Mensa test, and your score will not qualify or disqualify you for membership.

woo same as magicninja
humans aren't imortal
but rock and roll will never die
:cool:

my soundclick page nothing very impressive though
# 17
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
08/08/2006 2:41 pm
Your score was 23 out of 30. That is a very good score, you would have a good chance of passing the Mensa test.

Surprisingly easier than I thought it would be.

YOUR IQ SCORE IS:

Some of that stuff just didn't make any sense at all! :confused:
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 18
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/08/2006 2:51 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaSurprisingly easier than I thought it would be.

Agreed....The word game ones are the ones I didn't have the patience to work out.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 19

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.