The Beatles, Revolver...

Joseph
Joseph
08/14/2001 3:44 am
Do you think that this album is a little uneven in comparison to the releases that sandwitch it in time...

REVOLVER, this Beatles record was a creative turning point in the bands career, and some people consider this toi be their best work. And I'm sure everyone has their own special opinions, and for the rest of you guys you're probably still biting your tongues.

Revolver ranks to be one of my top 3 favorite Beatles albums, than again when it comes to Beatles, my favorite records change as the weeks progress. For someone like me who truly apprecates the talent, the wisdom that this band possessed in their songwriting technique, it's hard to find satisfaction with just one record. However, with REVOLVER this is a very good album. It has songs for anybody because all of the songs are different. This record truly knows how to set the mood. Not only that but Revolver contains some of the best songs from Lennon and McCartney, and reveals George Harrison's budding talent as a song writer.

This isn't a concept album, like SGT. Pepper, but the songs meld together very nicely. Do you feel this record is generally superior to Sgt. Pepper and various other Beatles releases? In terms of composition, this band was at their creative and melodic best, however, (do you feel this band reached their peak with this record, or were they far from it?)

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
08/14/2001 10:11 pm
Best album ever, let alone best Beatles album. And its got a mad cover.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 2
Bardsley
Bardsley
08/15/2001 1:39 am
Revolver or Abbet Road, and they go down as being two of the greatest albums ever, along with things like Electric Ladyland and Blood on the Traccks.
The thing with Abbey Road is the way in which it continues with themes the whole way through. From just before the second side onwards, the same arpeggios bury themselves in the tunes C#min, Ebmin7b5, G7.I Want you, Because, etc. Then similar themes repeat through songs like She came in through the bathroom window. Oh, I just have to go and listen to it, a greatt album, from an amazing band. Imagine if the Backstreet Boys managed to move in the same direction?
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.