View post (Your favortie band no one else has ever heard of)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
07/25/2006 11:25 am
Like Akira said... I know quite a few people that are into Racer X as well... I think it's mostly something that guitar players get into... because a lot of times you need to play an instrument to understand music that is that technical...

My favorite band/artist that no one has ever heard of is Keller Williams. He's a one man jam band... Does a ton of sampling. Something interesting for people to check out by him is his newest album that he did. With his whole band called Keller and the Keels. Check out their covers of Pink Floyds "Another Brick in The Wall" Becks "Loser" and Tom Petty's "Last Dance with Mary Jane".... they changed the name to "Mary Janes Last Breakdown".... It's a bit of a blue grass/acoustic/jam style of music. It's good to listen to when you're chillin or hanging out with friends. It's fun type of music. Also check out his songs by the titles of

Moving Sidewalk
Freaker by the Speaker
Blazeabago
Breathe
Best Feeling
Gate Crashers Suck
Balcony Baby (a live improv)

I've seen him live twice and the guy is an improv genius with loop pedals. It's different... and I like it.

I'm also going to add a Blues artists by the name of Joe Bonamassa... It seems like the majority of the guitar community has been neglecting him for far too long. He's a young bluesman that bridges the gap between the new school and the old school... He's downright brilliant. I've turned a few people onto his work since I've been here... I think more people should check him out.