Weird Trivia!

Blues_Man
Blues_Man
07/23/2006 6:00 am
Post some weird trivia about famous musicians! I'll start, with a few!

Stevie vai plays on the halo 2 theme.

Jimmy page is a big fan of weird al yankovic

Jeff beck was a model for Nigel Tufnel in "This is spinal tap".

One of Eric Claptons albums that was realeased in Japan was accidentally misspelled and said Eric Crapton. (Dont be hating on Clapton, Or i will kill you, hahaha :D )

Lemmy Kilmister was a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience.

Here's one of the reaaaally funny ones...

During a trip to Vancouver JIMI HENDRIX played in a band named Bobby taylor & the Vancouvers with TOMMY CHONG from Cheech and Chong! (I crack up when i picture that! haha)
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 1
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/23/2006 3:47 pm
Originally Posted by: Blues_ManPost some weird trivia about famous musicians! I'll start, with a few!

Stevie vai plays on the halo 2 theme.

Weird? He's done a lot of sidework. I think his cd Illusive Lights and Sounds is the one with some of the work he did for movies and such.

Funny , but not that weird: Randy Rhoads was at a bar with some of his band members and he noticed that the waitress "Had a stick up her a**." So he emptied his glass of scotch and pissed in, put the ice back in, then asked the waitress to taste it because "It tastged funny."
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 2
earthman buck
earthman buck
07/23/2006 10:25 pm
Originally Posted by: Blues_ManHere's one of the reaaaally funny ones...

During a trip to Vancouver JIMI HENDRIX played in a band named Bobby taylor & the Vancouvers with TOMMY CHONG from Cheech and Chong! (I crack up when i picture that! haha)

Even funnier is the fact that Jimi played rhythm to Chong's lead. I kid you not.

-Jimi's dad was Canadian, and even weirder, he was born with six fingers on each hand.
-Ozzy Osbourne worked at an abattoir before joining Black Sabbath.
-Robbie Krieger had only been playing electric guitar for six months when he joined the Doors.

I'm literally brimming with useless music trivia, but my brain's all tied up at the moment. I'll be back later, believe me.

Good thread, by the way.
# 3
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
07/23/2006 11:37 pm
Originally Posted by: elklanderccFunny , but not that weird: Randy Rhoads was at a bar with some of his band members and he noticed that the waitress "Had a stick up her a**." So he emptied his glass of scotch and pissed in, put the ice back in, then asked the waitress to taste it because "It tastged funny."

Where did you hear this? I always heard taht Randy never drank in his life :confused:
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 4
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/24/2006 1:05 am
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaWhere did you hear this? I always heard taht Randy never drank in his life :confused:

Guitar World mag. I forget what month featured him recently, but I could scan the article from the mag if you'd like. (For reading, not for "See!!!!!" purposes.)
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 5
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
07/29/2006 4:15 am
Not sure where I heard this, but Hendrix was fired from his 1st job as a teenager for repeatedly playing air guitar on his broom instead of sweeping. Perhaps you can verify this Blues Man?
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 6
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
07/30/2006 4:18 am
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdNot sure where I heard this, but Hendrix was fired from his 1st job as a teenager for repeatedly playing air guitar on his broom instead of sweeping. Perhaps you can verify this Blues Man?

I've heard that before but i'm not 100% sure it's true.

Weird Al Yankovic is a virtuoso intrumentalist...of the accordion. He's one of the best accordion players in the world. He mastered the instrument by age 11!
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.