ska band, part two

quickfingers
quickfingers
07/22/2006 9:27 pm
none of you probably remember, but in about febuary i announced (without too much acclaim) that i was starting a two-tone-ish ska band. well, months later, we have shows on the way. it took alot of effort for a guitarist/singer to have to create authentic horn lines, catchy lyrics and interesting breaks whilst still keeping it balls-out metal in the strings department, i did a pretty good job. i had to go through about 5 horn players (sax, trombone, and trumpet) before i found the right guys, a few bassists, and more than a few drummers. the result is something pretty unique, i would like to say. some of our songs are very influenced by classic ska tones, like catch 22 and mustard plug. other songs have a real rock and roll feel to them, and one song entitled "boys on the block" was actually a collaboration with me and my frontman doing an oi style tribute. the intro is so AC/DC i cant even describe it. im stoked because the last song on our set list has the most metal outro ive ever had in a band, let alone a ska band. while we have no recordings yet, due to my lack of renting a mixer yet, we will be going to a local studio to do some demo work within the next few months, so it would be real cool if you could check up on the site every once in a while and maybe drop a line. i just got the myspace up, and luckilly i have alot of free time at work to update junk.

www.myspace.com/captain_cadavercadaver
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.