View post (Global Warming Debate)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
08/10/2006 11:41 am
Originally Posted by: Koreldyre
3) don't you think it's the least bit alarming that the temperature increase has been not only consistently going up, but accelerating in increase?

Considering that we live on a planet that has a molten lava center... in a solar system that revolves around a gigantic burning ball of gas... No, I don't find it alarming that the average temperature of ice has went up. There's heat all around it... I didn't listen a lot in my ME435.01 Thermal Dynamics class... but I think when you surround ice with heat... it melts...

Obviously I'd be a fool to denounce the fact that our industrial sites don't contribute atleast a minor bit to the rise in temps... My argument isn't against the fact that CO2 levels have went up... or that the ice is melting... It's that people are quick to judge industry and point fingers... Most are trendies that see an oppertunity to argue a "good cause" without stepping back and see the blatanltly obvious facts.

You speak of this evolution of species on the Earth... that I won't find any other time in history when moer humans and more air pollution existed... All I take from that is that you acknkowledge that the data that you try to use to back up your arguments is based on 0.0001% of the life of our planet and depsite any amount of science... it would be impossible to tell the exact temperature of the climate at any given point in history. Like I said... people watch National Geographic or read an article with lots of numbers, whether they're legitiment or not... and assume that they all there is to know... No one knows... it'll be a long time before someone does know. My guess is it's best just to leave it to the people that watch less NG and are experts in the field....

The Sun revolves around the Earth and it is flat..........................

Here's an experiment to demostrate what causes your new fangled "global warming"........ Take an ice cube out of the freezer and place it in the fridge... and watch it melt. The ambient air is less than 32 degrees... 0 celsius... therefore it melted... now imagine a planet with polar ice caps floating in a solar system that revolves around a giant burning ball of gas that superimposes its intense heat rays on the said planet... seems like it'd probably eventually melt... wouldn't you think? Perhaps industry is speeding the process...? Im just saying that we will never know and we (our bodies) will never see the end result...

These are my ideas... Ideas and opinions that I've manufactured after many term papers on the subject... after reading many books from right wing to left wing and everything in the middle about the topic... These are the opinions that have survived the massive data saturation of this topic. 100 years worth of temperatures doesn't tell me anything besides how warm or cold it is...

If the Earth is going into a melting stage... no amount of data will stop it. But I know, numbers are pretty when you write a bunch of them down on a piece of paper... In the end... that's all they are, numbers on a piece of paper. Evidence of the oversaturation of the debate with mindless and blatantly obvious numbers.

In the end, I'm not saying I disagree. I'm just saying that there is so much more that can be at fault... forces that we have no control over... and that has just as much validity as the claim that humans are causing a meltdown.