View post (Global Warming Debate)

View thread

Fret spider
Fret spider
08/09/2006 8:34 pm
global warming is real. i dont think that can be denied. in the uk there used to be a heat wave once every 30 years now it is more like once every 2. we never used to get severe weather now we get floods most years.

now i am sure there are factors that affect this that arnt related to man eg the sun warmin up or watever. (although it actually cools down in its cylce).

but we do contribute. we do afffect it. it is true in the past mother nature did watever the f she wanted but in those days man wasnt nearly as widespread or had anywhere near the level of technology. we are making a large difference.

and if its your argument that it happened before so it doesnt matter if it happenes again is silly, i mean when it was a godd deal warmer, eg the time of the dinosaurs. all of the middle of america was underwater and britian was a=only abunch of very tiny islands.

evne if we are not the only cause, even if the world will heat up even if we dont pollute we can still reduce the rate at which this happens. and surely that would be benificial.

anyway thats my rant for the day. didnt mean to offend anyone but thats wat i think.