Probs with band members ?

Purikah
Purikah
08/11/2001 8:46 pm
Is it just me or are band members full of themselves when in a band for the first time. This is what I had to manage - A drummer whow ont turn up for practice and insists on using electric drums, a bassist who thinks hes awesome despite the fact that he plays bass and is just in it for the money and a lead guitarist who WILL NOT buy a guitar. It looks like my secong attempt at a band will be a little more successful, but why cant these ppl behave and grow up and do it for the music ?
# 1
Joseph
Joseph
08/12/2001 2:27 am
..I've sure had my fair share of bad experiences with drumers...

Well, It seems like a lot of aspiring "rockstars" today feel that they have to develop this ****y attitude to succeed, which is only true to a certain extent. Yeah, some people tend to get their heads too clouded where they refuse to weigh the possible consequences of their actions. Throughout highschool I searched for the perfect drummer to fit our ensemble, and there was this one guy who was very confident during our practice session which I thought was great. But once we got up on stage he completely froze. Where he was unwilling to listen to our directions, he totally panicked and ruined it for everyone else.

It's hard to find the right musicians to work with who think the same way as you do, but all you can do is keep looking. Look at it this way, in a band we're all in the same boat, we all have our own hidden insecurities, and sometimes it's important to open up to one another to prevent any problems down the road. a lot of the times, people are afraid to let their guard down where they worried how other's will perceive their intentions. "As musicians" it's important to be a team player and leave the attitude at the door. Save the attitude for the shows I always say...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.