View post (Credit where it's due)

View thread

jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
07/04/2006 7:09 am
One of the things I like the most about GT is the fact that everybody has such a broad appreciation of music, and that we have the opportunity to share our tastes in this section of the forum. I have been introduced to so many fantastic bands and artists by all of you guys, and I thought that perhaps we could all name some of these - not only to thank the users who introduced us to them, but also to further expand each others' tastes in music. I'll start:

#Joe Bonamassa - thanks aschleman! This guy is a brilliant electric bluesman in the vein of Stevie Ray Vaughan.
#Steely Dan - I can't believe I was missing out on this band. It was only when somebody - I think it was z0s0 - mentioned them in the "most talented band" thread that I finally discovered their brilliance.
#Massive Attack - thanks Pony. Listening to these guys got me started on a lot of other trip-hop stuff as well, and I'm loving it.
#Devo - don't laugh! :o Cheers, Earthman.
#Merle Haggard - never thought I would ever be able to bring myself to listen to an entire country CD, but there's a first time for everything, I suppose! Thanks muchly, Ninj.
#Tony MacAlpine - the only neo-classical shredder I really like. Thanks Jolly.
#Bob to the Rescue - thanks again, Jolly!
#Dream Theatre - Eric, you opened my eyes!
#Death - it's all Cryptic's fault that I'm turning into a death metal maniac :p

What are yours?
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>