View post (Acoustic guitar bridge pins)

View thread

Krunek
Krunek
07/18/2006 4:34 am
Ok, I hope I posted this in the right section. Here is the thing. I Have a Fender Stratacoustic (Junk, if I may add... It has a great, nice warm sound, but after a few years my frets are worn out, finish started cracking... obviosuly not for gigs. Should be used as a wall decoration. Anyway, I am gonna play it till it is totally for garbage, then, if God willing and financial situation allowing, gonna get sometnihg else. Considering I just enrolled college, most of my gig monex and salary will go there, so that will not be any time soon, but...)Back to the topic. Damn, I have a big mouth. Talk too much. One of these days that is going to get me in trouble. Nyhowz, almost every time I change strings on it, I broke one (or more) of bridge pins when pulling it out. Ok, I have never been known for having a gentle hand (a shame to admitt it, being a guitarist) but, knowing that myself, I pay attention when pulling out the pins. And still I manage to brake them. Any of you had similar problems? Some advices on that?