View post (Crisis In the Middle East)

View thread

Fenderalltheway
Fenderalltheway
07/17/2006 2:01 am
As some of you know, I am Jewish and a strong supporter of Israel. So I thought that it would be important to have a thread about this. PLEASE READ ENTIRE POST!

On May 14, 1948, David Ben-Gurion established "Ha Medinat Israel," or the State of Israel. The next day, five Arab armies invaded the fledgling state of 600,000 Jews.

For the past 58 years, the State of Israel has been attacked many times my many Arab states, and too many terrorists organizations who's only goal is the murder of all the Jews in the state, and the states destruction. Open war erupted many times, in 1956, 1967, 1973, and 1982. The Jewish state has always wanted peace and has not ever declined a peace agreement that was fair. In the struggle for peace, over 5,000 innocent Israelis have been killed. On to the current crisis...

Since the election of the terrorist organization Hamas in the Gaza strip in January, OVER 1,000 ROCKETS HAVE FALLEN IN SOUTHERN ISRAELI TOWNS. This is something you usually do not hear. The larger problems from Gaza began in 1993 when Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin signed a peace accord with Yassir Arafat, who said that the peace agreement had no worth. In 2002, the PLO declared an intifada in which hundreds of innocent Israelis were murdered when doing very common things and EATING LUNCH. Now really, on to the current strugle.

On June 25, (When I also happened to be in Israel), 7 Palestinian TERRORISTS, not militants crossed the border into Israel, killed two soldiers, and kidnapped one, Corporal Gilad Shalit, a 19 year old boy. The same day, terrorists kidnapped and murdered an 18 year old civilian. The Israeli military began an incursion into Gaza, which ended in nothing.

On Wednesday, July 12, Hezballah terrorists entered Israel, murdered eight soldiers, and kidnapped two. Later that day, a missile hit Israel's third largest city, and largest port, Haifa. It's like if Chicago or Boston where being shelled. One woman was killed, and the Israeli airforce began to bomb Hezballah targets in Lebanon. The reason for the bombing of the airport was so weapons could not enter, or the terrorists could leave with the two kidnapped soldiers.

ONE final note: If any country was being attacked by terrorists, was being shelled, and was having it's people and soldiers kidnapped, it would NOT exsersice restraint. Israels attack is NOT out of hand, and could even be bigger. They are doing the world a favor in destroying Hezballah. So you think about the Israeli people who have been murdered for being Jews, and for wanting peace.
"When you want to rock hard children, lean of F#."