New from StoneGroove Studios !

Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/15/2006 9:29 pm
http://homepage.mac.com/dr_simon_richardson/FileSharing7.html

Well this is a real collaborative effort.

Dan Nuno is singing and playing acoustic, Im playing bass and slide and Catherine is doing the ooooh la lars !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
07/15/2006 11:01 pm
That is definitely a great mix. Sounds very professional! I'm not too crazy about the vocals, but they were mixed just right and had a great sound too them. The acoustic guitar sounds amazing! What kind was it and how was it recorded? Sounds like it was an acoustic electric plugged straight into a preamp. Did you mic it at all? I didn't really hear any pick or movement sounds, so I'm guessing it was done direct. If it was mic'd also.... wow! The slide guitar adds that little something extra to the song that fills it out just right. What was used to record the bass? It might just be the bass mixed with the bass drum, but it sound like a big upright acoustic bass. Fits perfect either way. Great job! The Doc wins again :D
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/16/2006 12:15 am
Cheers mate, the acoustic was a Gibson (phenomenal natural sound) with a pizo bridge into an Avalon U5 and a Rode NT2a (a really great mic) into an octopre (or it might have been the ART TPsII) off axis over the end of the neck. The bass was direct into the U5 and the slide was my Jap strat into a pod pro. The vox were both done with a C414 into the 737.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 3
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
07/16/2006 3:36 am
nice job, it does sound very professional indeed
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.