View post (True Legends?)

View thread

Captain Crunch
Captain Crunch
08/11/2001 2:20 am
I'm all in favor of giving credit where credit is due. But in my opinion many people (excluding me) seem to share the same views on stars such as Cobain and Hendrix. Its as almost these are the blueprints for starting guitarists these days. I mean honestly think of playing the guitar for a crowd of people who are requesting songs, Most likely they expect you to know Hendrix and Nirvana's stuff because they're "legends". They lived rock lifestyles, were semi-innovative, and were "ok" at guitar. For amateur guitarists youll understand what I mean by the third one later. Not very legendary to me. Sounds like a lot of musicians I know actually, and they will never recieve "legend" status even if they do die. My wish is that today's society respected truely gifted musicians that are still alive rather than semi-talented ones who recieve most of their success after death.
Whoo! Man I love expressing my opinion! Too bad it takes so damn long! So.. what do you all think?!And try not to make yourself sound smart by using words like post-mortum(after death) or something Cuz it always throws me off or maybe I'm just kinda slow :( Im gonna stop typing now and give you the floor! LOL.
-Captain Crunch