What kind of acoustic should i go for?

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
08/10/2001 10:07 pm
I've got 150 pounds (about $200), to spend on a lefty acoustic (6 string), i dont want some thing that sounds too folky... to give you an idea of what i'm after...hmmm. harder than i thought... oh yeah, i REALY like some of the black sabath instramentals (especially one from VOLUME 4, it's got sunrise in it's name, i'll be damned if i can remeber the rest of it)
# 1
Dave How
Dave How
08/15/2001 11:21 pm
Difficult one to give advice on. I bought a Yamaha LA8 a year ago and had a really hard time choosing. It's a tad over the figure you mentioned though. I tried Yamaha, Takamine, Ovation etc bowl back electro acoustics which were in your sort of price bracket and they all played quite nicely. Unamplified the sound was a bit thin though. If you are thinking of an electro acoustic which you'll play amplified I imagine you can run it through an effects pedal and tailor the sound the way you want it. Then you can simply choose one which feels good to play. If you want to play acoustic (unamplified) your best bet is to say goodbye to the family, hit you local guitar shop and spend the weekend playing everything they've got!
# 2
Fenderblues
Fenderblues
08/16/2001 8:35 pm
Crafter do one for about £150. or so and for the price are good, get good reveiwes.

This question has come up before, I reply Simon & Patrick but they start at £250. or so but well worth it I have 2 made by seagul and the saegul equivelents are atleast 3x, but they are made by seagul/godind but it is Simon and Patrick his sons who make and sell theses.

Takamine do one for about £190 good value and good name. do you live in england, if so Acaadamy of sound do excellent deals on takamine and ovation.

Avoid at all costs the fender new series strat and tele acoustics, absolute crap
While I'm sat here, Playin', I'm tryin' to free my mind!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.