Whiter shade of pail

Krunek
Krunek
07/12/2006 4:33 am
Ok, I am not even shure this is the right place to ask this question, but anyway. If any of you guys can help me out here? You know this song by procor harum? Whiter shade of pail? I know this is not a guitar oriented song or anything, but I like it. Cause of the chords and the bass line, and the vocal with too much effect on it... :) I like it. The thing is, though, I don"t understand it. I undestand the words, but not the meaning behind them.
I feel like I am missing a big part of a song here.
So, if anyone can help me undestand it, please do. Would be greatly appreciated.
# 1
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
07/12/2006 7:45 am
There are many different interpretations of the lyrics. I think the lyrics are intentionally obscure and strange just for the sake of it. Some think that it's a parody of psychedelic music with arcane lyrics. There are probably some other wacky theories around, but I just like it because it's a nice song.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 2
Krunek
Krunek
07/12/2006 7:52 am
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusThere are many different interpretations of the lyrics. I think the lyrics are intentionally obscure and strange just for the sake of it. Some think that it's a parody of psychedelic music with arcane lyrics. There are probably some other wacky theories around, but I just like it because it's a nice song.

Could be, considering the time song was made... :) But i do think there is a deeper meaning behind them. Could you just please explain this, if you can?
what does fandango mean in english?
# 3
kennyp46
kennyp46
07/12/2006 4:50 pm
fandango (făndăng'gō) , ancient Spanish dance, probably of Moorish origin, that came into Europe in the 17th cent. It is in triple time and is danced by a single couple to the accompaniment of castanets, guitar, and songs sung by the dancers. At the end of certain measures, the music halts abruptly and the dancers remain rigid until it is resumed.
...don't criticize what you can't understand. Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command. Your old road is rapidly agin'.
# 4
Krunek
Krunek
07/13/2006 8:59 am
Originally Posted by: kennyp46fandango (făndăng'gō) , ancient Spanish dance, probably of Moorish origin, that came into Europe in the 17th cent. It is in triple time and is danced by a single couple to the accompaniment of castanets, guitar, and songs sung by the dancers. At the end of certain measures, the music halts abruptly and the dancers remain rigid until it is resumed.

?? I thought that was flamenco? Well, so much for my general knowledge of culture and history. :) Thanks, kenny. Although, now the lyrics sound even more weird... :confused:
# 5
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
07/13/2006 10:23 am
Originally Posted by: Krunek?? I thought that was flamenco? Well, so much for my general knowledge of culture and history. :) Thanks, kenny. Although, now the lyrics sound even more weird... :confused:

That's the vibe, dude! Dig? *offers you a joint*
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 6
Krunek
Krunek
07/13/2006 11:23 am
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusThat's the vibe, dude! Dig? *offers you a joint*

Yeah, like I said, considering the time song was made, quite possible...
Thanks for the smoke dude!! :D
I prefer alcohol though... Enormous amounts, if possible. ;)
Spritzer is my own personal favourite... White vine and mineral water. Oh, brother... Where art thou... :D
Thanks jiujitsu!!
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.