View post (making the right arpeggio - help)

View thread

shapertakh
shapertakh
07/11/2006 9:34 am
thanks to you im already feeling better :) Actually the prob with being a begineer is that you are always afraid of doing something just cuz it could be wrong!! and i guess it needs practise!!! ok so now i know its not necessary to use all note of a chord umm but do you think it might effect the feel of a the song if the D dosnt sound as its supposed to be....although the root is a D???

this leads me to another question!!! i did ask this before...umm a triad consists of there notes!! fine......now say for eg Cmaj has C E G.......these notes belong to one octave.....but i somehow cant seem to understand WHY CAN WE USE SUBSTITUTE NOTES FROM OTHER OCTAVES....like C maj when played on the guitar has C1 (thats the first octave) and E2 and C2 (thats the 2nd octave) and on the other hand we've completely omitted G????

then we have so many inversion for the same chord and yet we call it a C chord....hope its not a stupid question but im confused :confused: !!! isnt there a set of notes defined for a chords (octave wise too)?? atleast this is what i know from my childhood piano lessons!!!

and fret spider thanks for putting it so simple i appriciate that!! and you too jiujitsu_jesus atleast ill take a less restricted approach next time!! :)